The first stage of the Mathematics Internet-Olympiad is online test. First, second, and third-year students are invited to take part.
The test duration is 180 minutes.
Time is counted individually for each student starting with the student’s logging in the test system (Start Test button). The time of transition from one task to another is not counted.
The first stage participants of the Mathematics Olympiad are offered 16 tasks in the following sections:
1. Linear algebra
2. Vector algebra
3. Analytic geometry
4. Introduction to calculus
5. Differential calculus for function of single variable
6. Differential calculus for function of several variables
7. Integral calculus for function of single variable
8. Complex numbers
9. Ordinary differential equations
10. Series and power series
Students are allowed to use reference materials and calculators.
The working languages are Russian and English.
The number of the first stage participants is NOT LIMITED.
Following the Olympiad educational institutions receive:
- analytics report on the results of the first (qualifying, university-level) stage;
- certificates for all the participants of the second and third stages, thank-you letters to the Olympiad hosts and heads of institutions;
- diplomas, medals and souvenirs for the winners of the final stages;
- winners’ photos are posted in the Winner Gallery on the Internet-Olympiad website;
- the higher education institution whose students became winners and prize awardees are given the Winner of Open International Internet-Olympiad title that allows the institution to add a special banner with the Internet-Olympiad logo on its website;
- students’ success is taken into account during the public accreditation procedure and in the Best Educational Programmes of Innovative Russia project.
The organizations responsible for holding the Internet-Olympiads are Research Institute of Education Quality Monitoring and National Fund for Support of Innovations in Education.
The Second Round (regional) is conducted in March 2020 simultaneously in the form of online computer testing in a number of selected (‘basic’) HEIs located in the participating countries and different Federal districts of Russia.
The Third Round (All-Russian, International) of the Internet-Olympiad in Mathematics is held off-line in May 2020: participants submit detailed, well-grounded answers to the Olympiad tasks.
The Super Finalof the Internet-Olympiad in Mathematics is held in Israel in September 2021.
Results of the Open International Internet-Olympiad (OIIO) for higher education students will be available relating the following areas of higher education:
- Humanities and Law;
- Forest Management and Agriculture;
- Specialized (in-depth study of corresponding disciplines);
- Technics and Technologies;
- Economics and Management.
Registration of HEIs-participants is open from September 2019 till 28 February 2019 at http://i-olymp.com.
Participation fee is 150 EURO. The number of students-participants is not limited.
According to the results of the First Round, higher education institutions-participants are entitled to:
- the opportunity to participate in the Interdisciplinary Internet-Olympiads;
- the analytical report on the outcomes of the HEI’s participation in the Internet-Olympiads.
Development of the Olympiad Movement at the international level will contribute to the scientific enhancement and mutual cultural enrichment of our countries, furthering interaction among research schools, professional communities, and higher education institutions at the national, regional and global levels.
We are looking forward to seeing your students among participants and winners of the 2019-2020 Open International Internet-Olympiads!
Good luck in Internet-Olympiads!